Ayurveda Treatment for Hair Loss / Grayness
Ayurveda treatment for hair loss / grayness:
Premature hair loss / grayness is a general problem which men and women face since many years.
In Ayurveda, the hair derives as a by-product or produces as a breakdown product of Asthi (bone tissue).
When this tissue metabolism is disturbed which is more depend on the digestive fire, can affect the health of the hair.
To a certain extent, the quality of hair depends on the body constitution.
The main causes for hair fall are, hormonal, nutritional deficiencies and complications to other diseases and medications.
Hormone related hair fall may also result from an increased sensitivity of hair follicles to male hormones.
Or due to greater number of male hormone receptors attached to hair follicles.
This is the component that inherits through the genes.
We call it as Pitta constitution.
Pitta dosha increases in the body for many reasons such as hot climatic conditions, excessive intake of spicy, salty and sour food, hot and sharp food, tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and excessive smoking.
Eating too much fried, oily, greasy, and acidic foods also aggravates Pitta.
Pitta balancing herbs and vegetables are effective in treating hair fall.
Other reasons for hair fall like acute illness, high stress, and thyroid imbalance, certain drugs, sudden weight loss and high fever etc.
First step is to understand the root cause in your diet or lifestyle that may be increasing the Pitta dosha.
Once you find it, try to give up or at least reduce the diet, habit, or activity responsible for increasing Pitta.
Internal use of Ayurvedic medicines as per medical advice are effective to correct the metabolism.
Tips to stop hair fall or prevent from premature hair grayness:
- Ayurvedic general tonics are effective for improving hair growth.
- A high protein and an iron rich diet is good for hair loss.
- An adequate intake of raw vegetables, fresh fruits, salads, green leafy vegetables should be included in the diet on a regular basis.
- Also use a natural shampoo to clean the hair.
- Oiling and massaging of scalp is very beneficial for stopping the hair loss.
- Use coconut oil at least three times in a week.
- We have certain medicated oils which are very useful, put the oil on the scalp, and massage gently in the roots of the hair.
Hair is the most beautiful part of our body, there for we need to take always special care about our hair.
It s good to do Ayurveda treatment for hair loss / grayness at the starting stage itself, so that it can be cured before it becomes more.
Dr Subajanane Jeyanthan, Niyanthree Ayurveda Clinic, Colombo.