Tips to avoid constipation
Tips to avoid constipation: Constipation is a big challenge for most of us as we don’t follow a healthy life style due to the current busy living.
Passing motion daily without difficulties is a healthy routine, when it becomes irregular and straining it is called constipation.
Food habits and life style, which causes constipation.
- Intake of more bakery items, which made from refined flour foods such as breads, buns, pastries, cake etc.
- Also, frequent intake of junk foods and soft drinks.
- Less intake of vegetables, fruits, grains and cereals on your diet.
- Habit of not eating on time, eating less quantity and skipping meals.
- Less intake of water.
- Excessive alcohol, drugs and caffeine intake.
- Excessive intake of dairy products, fat and sugar.
- Soak one table spoon of fenugreek seed in water overnight and consume the fenugreek with the water content in the morning.
- Eat more steamed vegetables, fruits and whole grains in foods.
- Also add pure ghee in meal.
- Add nuts and dry fruits in your meal.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid late night sleep or night vigilance.
- Avoid refined flour, bakery items, junk foods and soft drinks.
- Furthermore, regular practice of self-oil massage / abhyanga.
Dr Subajanane Jeyanthan,
Niyanthree Ayurveda Clinic, Colombo, Sri Lanka.