Healthy Lima Beans Curry
Healthy Lima beans curry, which is called yellow field beans curry or dry beans curry!
It is rich in fiber, calcium, copper, magnesium, manganese, protein, complex carbohydrates, antioxidants and many other minerals.
Healthy Lima Beans Curry is a good energy booster.
Recipe of healthy lima beans curry:
- Soak one cup of Lima beans/ yellow field beans/ dry beans for 4 to 6 hours.
- Wash the soaked beans well.
- Add quarter tea spoon of Himalayan pink salt, quarter tea spoon of turmeric powder and two cups of water to the soaked beans and cook on pressure cooker for twelve whistles.
- Remove the water content and keep aside.
- On a pan, add three table spoons of pure non refined white coconut oil.
- Add quarter tea spoon of mustard seeds, dried chili, curry leaves, one chopped onion, four to six cloves of garlic and fry for two minutes.
- Add finely chopped two tomatoes with that and two tea spoon of fenugreek seeds, and the steamed dry beans.
- And dry for one minute.
One tea spoon of Himalayan pink salt, half tea spoon of Ayurveda curry powder, two tea spoon of special curry powder and one table spoon of Goraka water instead of tamarind ( soak six to ten Garcinia Cambogia in one cup of hot water for ten minutes, prepare this earlier and refrigerate it for instant use).
- Add one cup of water and close the pan and leave on medium flame for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Add one cup of thick coconut milk and boil it and remove from fire. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- And serve warm with Red rice, fried rice, roti, dosa, pittu, string hopper and bread.
Please call or write us for appointments.
Niyanthree Ayurveda Clinic, Colombo.