Eye rejuvenation therapy – Netra Tarpana
Netra tarpana – eye rejuvenation therapy
Netra Tarpana – eye rejuvenation therapy is an ancient Ayurveda treatment of India.
Also, we can call it as “Netra Basti” as well.
In Sanskrit ‘netra’ means eye and ‘basti’ means cleanse.
So, in this treatment, eyes are surrounded by the ring of dough and Luke warm medicated ghee is poured on the eyes.
Usually we do it for 30 min to 1 hour daily for 13 days continuously.
Normally three sittings of treatment for three months is recommended for a best results.
As a result, Netra Tarpana – eye rejuvenation therapy improve the followings.
- It improves eye sight
- Furthermore, it brings an incredibly rich luster to the eyes
- Also soothes away wrinkles
- This enhances color & depth perception
- Creates a sense of ease and acceptance
- Also, it promotes a deep feeling of contentment
- Eases wrinkles and dark circles around eyes
- Finally it nourishes the nervous system
– Dr Subajanane Jeyanthan –
Niyanthree Ayurveda Clinic, Colombo, Sri Lanka.