Gastritis Problems in Ayurveda:
Gastritis problems: Inflammation of the mucus membrane of the stomach is called Gastritis.
In Ayurveda it is known as Urdvaga Amla pitta, where there is a vitiation of Pitta dosa due to wrong dietary lifestyles.
The aggravated pitta dosa further vitiate the digestive fire (gastric juice) that is called jatara agni in Ayurveda.
Vitiated jataragni leads to improper digestion of consumed food and produces Ama (toxins).
This Ama dosa further imbalance the Vata (air) also digestive fire causes the problem called Gastritis.
Causes of Gastritis:
First of all the reasons / causes for gastritis are as follows.
Excessive intake of spicy, sour and salty foods, Refined white flour products, excessive Alcohol and tobacco intake, Stress, anger, anxiety, exposure to heat etc.
Symptom of Gastritis:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Heart burn
- Uneasiness and discomfort throughout the day
- Dark color stools
Ayurvedic approach treating Gastritis is permanent cure for gastritis, by reducing the aggravated Pitta dosa and removing the (Ama dosa toxins) and restoring the digestive fire ( Jatara Agni) by using Ayurveda herbal medicines which are cooling in effect and pitta dosa pacifying dietary life styles.
Therefore, stress, anxiety, anger, and tension relieving therapy also helpful in this condition.
Coffee, tea, Alcohol, tobacco, soft drinks, cool drinks, processed and fermented food items, bakery items such as bread, bun, pizza, burger, doughnut etc, spicy, salty, sour and oily foods.
- Chew a small piece of ginger with Himalayan rock salt before taking every meals.
- Drink 1 glass of butter milk with ½ teaspoons of roasted cumin seeds powder and Himalayan rock salt daily.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds in water over night and consume it in the morning in empty stomach.
Further more, here is what Dr Subajanane talks about Gastritis Probelms and it’s view in Ayurveda.
– Dr Subajanane Jeyanthan, Niyanthree Ayurveda Clinic, Colombo –